Bibliography - The following is a compilation of sources for
some of the information contained in the gemstone buying
guides on this website. These sources are also recommended reading
for additional information regarding Diamonds and colored gemstones.
- Copeland, Lawrence L., "Diamonds, Notable and Unique," Gemological Institute of America, Santa Monica, 1974.
- Desautels, Paul E., "The Gem Collection: Treasures in the
Smithsonian," Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington, 1979.
- Dickinson, Joan Younger, "The book of diamonds: their history and
romance from ancient India to modern times., Crown Publishers,
New York, 1965.
- Graf, Bernhard, "Gems : the world's greatest treasures and their
stories," Prestel, Munich/London, 2001.
- Kendall, Leo P., "Diamonds : famous and fatal : the history, mystery,
and lore of the world's most precious gem," Barricade Books, Ft.
Lee, New Jersey, 2001.
- Liddicoat, Richard T, Jr., "Handbook of Gem Identification,"
Gemological Institute of America, Santa Monica, 1977.
- Matlins, Antoinette Leonard, "Gem identification made easy : a
hands-on guide to more confident buying and selling," GemStone Press,
Woodstock, Vt., 1997.
- Matlins, Antoinette Leonard, "Diamonds-The Antoinette Matlins buying
guide: how to select, buy, care for & enjoy Diamonds with confidence and
knowledge," GemStone Press, Woodstock, Vt., 2001.
- Miller, Anna M., "Standard Catalog of Gem Values," Geoscience
Press, Tucson, Arizona, 1994.
- National Museum of Natural History (U.S.), "The National Gem
Collection," Smithsonian Institution, Washington, 1997.
- Newman, Renée, "Gemstone buying guide : how to evaluate, identify,
select and care for colored gems," International Jewelry
Publications, Los Angeles, California, 2003.
- O'Neil, Paul, "Gemstones (Planet Earth,)" Time-Life Books, Inc.,
Alexandria, Virginia, 1983.
- Pearl, Richard M., "1001 Questions Answered About the Mineral
Kingdom," Dover Publications Inc., New York, 1995.
- Proddow, Penny, "Diamonds: A Century of Spectacular Jewels,"
N. Abrams, Publishers, New York, 1996.
- Schumann, Walter, "Gemstones of the world," Sterling Pub. Co.,
New York, 1997.
- Sinkankas, John, "Gem cutting : a lapidary's manual," Van Nostrand
Reinhold, New York, N.Y., 1984.
- Sinkankas, John, "Van Nostrand's Standard Catalog of Gems,"
Nostrand Reinhold, New York, 1968.
- Webster, Robert, F.G.A., "The Gemmologists' Compendium, N.A.G.
Press Ltd., London, 1975.
- Webster, Robert, F.G.A., "Practical Gemmology," N.A.G. Press Ltd,
- Zim, Herbert Spencer, "Rocks, Gems and Minerals; a guide to familiar
minerals, gems, ores, and rocks," St. Martin's Press, New York,